** Click here for full recipes **
⇢ For business inquiries only:
♡ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/thrivingonplants
♡ TUMBLR: http://thrivingonplants.tumblr.com
♡ SNAPCHAT: cherietu
♫ Music ♫
■ Husky by Joey Pecoraro https://soundcloud.com/joeypecoraro
My Vitamix Blender: https://goo.gl/XIEuK2
BREAKFAST: Muesli & fruit bowl [Serves 1]
- 2 cups of your favourite muesli (or even cereal/granola)
- Fruit of your choice (I used strawberries, blueberries, cherries & passionfruit)
- Nuts/seeds/dried goods of your choice (I used caramelised buckinis, hemp seeds, some sort of puffed grain & pepitas)
- Plant milk of your choice (I chose almond milk)
1) Add muesli followed by fruit & dried goods into your bowl.
2) Top with your favourite plant-based milk and enjoy!
LUNCH: Creamy Pumpkin Penne [Serves 4]
- 1 packet penne pasta
- 3 cups pumpkin, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced (don't really need to mince since we're blending everything up anyway)
- 1/2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of pepper
- 1 stock cube, melted in water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
1) Cook pasta and drain when still undercooked. The pasta will finish cooking in the sauce later so don't overcook.
2) Add onion, garlic, pumpkin & spices into pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add in stock, coconut milk & enough water to cover all the ingredients.
4) Bring to the bowl, lower heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft enough to blend.
5) Blend using a stick blender until smooth,
6) Add in pasta, and cook stirring occasionally on medium heat. If you added in a tad too much water like I did, add in 1-2 tbsp flour and cook for another minute or until sauce thickens.
7) Enjoy!!!! This dish is honestly sooooo amazing, hope you all have a blast whipping up a big batch of this!
DINNER: Potato & Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2-3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400mL of crushed tomatoes or tomato passata (whatever you have on hand)
- Spices: 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin. Adjust to taste!
- 1 stock cube, melted (optional, you can just add in salt instead)
- 1 can coconut milk (+ I used more from a carton)
1) Fry onion, garlic and ginger in a pan until fragrant
2) Add in potatoes and cook for another minute
3) Add in chickpeas, spices, tomatoes & coconut milk. Stir well and bring to the boil.
4) Lower heat and pop lid on. Allow it to cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes have softened. Add in more coconut milk as you go if you desire.
5) Add in peas & broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes before turning off heat.
6) Serve with rice and enjoy! :)