----------- CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPES -----------
⇢ For business inquiries only:
♡ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/thrivingonplants
♡ TUMBLR: http://thrivingonplants.tumblr.com
♡ SNAPCHAT: cherietu
♫ Music ♫
■ Dreams - Joakim Karud
☞ My Vitamix Blender: https://goo.gl/XIEuK2
☞ Tropeaka Products that I use (acai, matcha, cacao, spirulina, vegan protein…) are all from:
http://tropeaka.com.au/ (Worldwide shipping + 15% OFF your first order!)
JAPCHAE/KOREAN GLASS NOODLE DISH:
[Note: this makes a lot as you can see, probably around 8 servings]
- 500g sweet potato starch noodles
- 1 bunch greens (usually it would be spinach but I only had chinese broccoli at home so I used that)
- 1-2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 block firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, sliced in 3-4cm pieces
- Sesame oil
- Coconut sugar
- Black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse well with cold water. Put into a large bowl and add a drizzle with a touch of sesame oil & soy sauce to prevent it from sticking (at this point you can also cut noodles so they aren't so long)
2. Blanch greens and place into large bowl with noodles.
3. Fry tofu and mushrooms with 1 tsp coconut sugar & a splash of soy sauce on a pan for a few minutes
4. Add in carrots, capsicum, onion & green onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour veggies/tofu/mushroom into large bowl with noodles and mix everything together until well-combined.
6. Season with sesame oil, coconut sugar, soy sauce & black pepper to taste.
7. If desired, fry on a pan before serving.
SESAME BROWN RICE VEGGIE BALLS
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, plus more to roll balls in
- Sweet chilli sauce or your favourite sauce to serve
1. Add sweet potato & spices into a bowl. Mix well. Place into oven or airfryer and bake for 180*C for approximately 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
2. In the meantime, fry onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower & mushroom for 3-4 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
3. Place sweet potatoes in the food processor and process until smooth. Add in veggies and brown rice and process for 20-30 seconds (don't process it too much/make it tooooo smooth).
4. Add in wholemeal flour & sesame seeds and process until well-combined
5. Take a small bit of the mixture and roll into a bowl. Roll in toasted sesame seeds and repeat until mixture is gone. Bake or airfry at 160*C for 30 minutes or until golden on the outside.
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame beans, blanched & salted
- 1 mandarin
- 1 passionfruit
- Handful cherry tomatoes