**CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPE**
Vegan shepherds pie
- Filling: 1 onion (diced), 1 garlic clove (minced), 1 can lentils (drained and rinsed thoroughly), 2 stalks celery (diced), 2 cups frozen mixed veggies, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 cups water, 1 stock cube, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- Potato topping: 3-4 medium potatoes (peeled and chopped), 2 tbsp vegan butter, salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 200*C or 400*F
2) Place potatoes into a pot and fill with cold water until just covered. Bring to boil, then lower heat and allow potatoes to simmer for 15 minutes or until a knife can pierce through and slide out potato easily.
3) In the meantime add in onion, garlic and celery into a frypan and saute for 3-4 minutes or until softened and fragrant.
4) Add in lentils, thyme, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, frozen veggie mix, water, flour and stock cube and stir through. Bring mixture to a boil then lower heat to low-medium and simmer until thickened. Set aside.
5) Once potatoes are cooked, drain well and return back to saucepan/pot. Add in vegan butter, salt and pepper and mash until smooth. Set aside.
6) Transfer filling into an oven-safe baking dish and spread mixture evenly.
7) Add mash on top (or pipe it on if you’d like to), smooth it out then evenly prick all over with a fork.
8) Place into oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top browns slightly.
9) Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Pumpkin pie slices
- Crust: 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup plain flour, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut oil OR vegan butter, pinch of salt
Filling: 2.5 cups pumpkin puree, 1/2 can full fat coconut milk (I used 1 whole can but not that necessary, dilutes the flavour a little too so 1/2 will do) 1/3 cup rice malt syrup, 4 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 180*C/350*C
2) Add flour, oats and salt into a food processor and process until finely ground up.
3) Add butter/coconut oil & maple syrup and blitz until well incorporated.
4) Grease and line a square baking pan with non-stick baking paper and press crust ingredients into pan.
5) Bake for 10 minutes
6) Add all filling ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until smooth and lump-free
7) Take the crust out of the oven, pour filling onto crust and smooth out the top until even. Bake for 40 minutes (uncovered).
8) Place onto a cooling rack until completely cool then transfer to fridge and allow it to set overnight.
9) Slice pumpkin pie into squares
10) Feel free to add a dollop of cream on top/dust with cinnamon and top with crushed walnuts or pecans. :))
- Filling: 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp coconut sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping: 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup plain flour, 1/4 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup nuttelex (not melted)
1) Preheat oven to 180*C/350*C
2) Add apples, lemon juice, coconut sugar and cinnamon into a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
3) In a mixing bowl add in oats, flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir well.
4) Add in butter and use fingers to rub butter into the dry mix until it forms a nice crumbly mixture.
5) Sprinkle topping evenly over apple mixture.
6) Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until topping becomes golden brown.
7) Take out of oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving warm.
8) Top with favourite ice-cream if desired. Enjoy!
♫ Music ♫
■ Avocado Street - Wes Hutchinson
✖ BUSINESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
✖ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/thrivingonplants
✖ TUMBLR: http://thrivingonplants.tumblr.com
✖ SNAPCHAT: cherietu