----------------------------- CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPES -----------------------------
⇢ For business inquiries only:
♡ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/thrivingonplants
♡ TUMBLR: http://thrivingonplants.tumblr.com
♡ SNAPCHAT: cherietu
♫ Music ♫
■ Awakening (Instrumental) - Amarante
☞ My Vitamix Blender: https://goo.gl/XIEuK2
☞ Tropeaka Products that I use (acai, matcha, cacao, spirulina, vegan protein…) are all from:
http://tropeaka.com.au/ (Worldwide shipping + 15% OFF your first order!)
BREAKFAST: Green Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 orange
- 2 handfuls greens of your choice (I use swiss chard)
- 1/2 tbsp greens powder (I use Tropeaka ultra cleanse)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 300mL coconut water (used a flavoured one from Pure Cocobella)
1. Add into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a jar and enjoy
LUNCH: Brown rice sushi with avo, tofu & cucumber
- 3-4 cups brown rice
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup + 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar + 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 nori sheets
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 block tofu, sliced into long strips
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp coconut sugar, dash of pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce to serve
1. Cook rice and cool (best to spread it out on a large plate and fan it off for quick cooling + to prevent food poisoning)
2. Pour in the vinegar, sweetener & a sprinkle of salt and mix through.
3. Fry tofu until golden & add in soy sauce, coconut sugar & pepper
4. Place nori shiny side down and spread rice on the sheet, leaving a 1-2 cm gap at the far side.
5. Place fillings in the middle. Bring the close end to the part just before the 1-2cm gap, and push down/squeeze tightly. Dab a few drops of water onto the gap/edge and continue to roll, securing the roll and allowing the edge to stick.
6. Cut (wipe in between cuts using a clean wet towel) into pieces and serve with soy sauce & garnish with sesame seeds if desired
DINNER: Curried pumpkin, potato, leek & lentil soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- Herbs & spices: 1 tsp tumeric, 1/2 tbsp curry powder, 1/2 tbsp rosemary, 1 tsp cumin, black pepper
- 2 stock cubes, melted in water
1. Fry onion, garlic & leek for 2-3 minutes
2. Add in pumpkin, potato, lentils, stock & herbs + spices. Cook for 2 minutes
3. Add in enough water to cover the ingredients, bring to the boil then pop lid on and lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until softened.
4. For a chunky soup, simply use a potato masher to mash up the ingredients. For a smooth soup, blend using a stick blender.
5. Serve with rice/crusty bread and enjoy.