----------------------------- CLICK HERE FOR FULL RECIPES -----------------------------
⇢ For business inquiries only:
♡ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/thrivingonplants
♡ TUMBLR: http://thrivingonplants.tumblr.com
♡ SNAPCHAT: cherietu
♫ Music ♫
■ Chillout - Joey Pecoraro
☞ My Vitamix Blender: https://goo.gl/XIEuK2
☞ Tropeaka Products that I use (acai, matcha, cacao, spirulina, vegan protein…) are all from:
http://tropeaka.com.au/ (Worldwide shipping + 15% OFF your first order!)
BREAKFAST: Pitaya & Berry Smoothie Bowl
• 2 frozen bananas
• ½ cup frozen raspberries
• 1 packet frozen pink pitaya
• 1 tbsp @Tropeaka Immunity berry powder
• Splash of apple juice & coconut water
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl of your choice and add on desired toppings. Enjoy!
LUNCH: 3 Ingredient Pancakes
* If you’ve been following me on Instagram for some time you’ll know that we started a #thrivingonPLANTcakes revolution… Hahahaha *
• 1.5 cups oats
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 medium spotty and ripe banana
• Optional add-ins: coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla
1. Add oats into a process or blender and process until you reach a fine flour consistency
2. Add in banana & almond milk and blend until a smooth batter forms.
3. Preheat a fry pan on low heat and lightly grease with oil or simply use a non-stick pan. Use approx.. ¼ cup to form each pancake, cook on one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping and cooking on the other side for another 2 minutes.
4. Add on toppings of choice (fresh fruit, rice malt syrup or maple syrup…) and enjoy!
DINNER: Eggplant, Potato & Veggies dish with rice
* Eggplant is literally one of my favourite foods everrrrr I kid you not I could live on it everyday if I was bothered to make it that often hahaha *
- 1 eggplant, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large stalks green onion, thinly sliced + light parts separated from dark parts
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- ½ block tofu, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sauce: 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp coconut sugar, dash of black pepper, ½ tbsp minced lemongrass, 2 minced garlic cloves & I also used 1-2 tbsp Asian veg bbq sauce
(Note: the reason why it looked like it took so short to cook it all in the vid is cos I pre-fried everything, all I needed to do was cook it down in the sauce until all ingredients were cooked through properly & sauce thickened)
1. Add a decent amount of oil into a frypan and heat on low-medium heat until hot (yes, we’re using oil here, if you’re making an eggplant dish the only way to achieve good taste & texture is to use oil, after loads of trial & error this is what I’ve realized). Add in eggplant chunks and fry on each side until lightly golden. Ensure the heat is not too high, if you burn the eggplant you end up with a very strong bitterness that ruins the dish.
2. Add in 1-2 tsp oil and fry potato on low-medium heat until both sides have become golden & inside is almost cooked. Repeat this step and fry the tofu, then repeat again with the onion + light parts of the green onion + red capsicum (all 3 together).
3. Once all ingredients have been fried, add eggplant, sauce and approximately 3 cups of water into the frypan. Turn the heat up and allow it to bubble and cook down until eggplant is 80-90% cooked through (taste it to see if it has softened).
4. Add in all the remaining ingredients and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened & all ingredients have cooked through. You may need to add more water along the way, if you can see it’s drying up and the ingredients still need more time to cook OR you simply want more sauce, add more water.
5. Serve with rice of choice & garnish with dark green parts of green onion & toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!