How to improve immune function in children, and adults under physical or psychological stress.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Here’s the video I did about child immune function: Best Food to Prevent Common Childhood Infections (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Food-to-Prevent-Common-Childhood-Infections).
There are some people who should probably not eat nutritional yeast, though. See:
• Does Nutritional Yeast Trigger Crohn’s Disease? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/does-nutritional-yeast-trigger-crohns-disease)
• Is Candida Syndrome Real? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/is-candida-syndrome-real)
• Is Nutritional Yeast Healthy for Everyone? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/is-nutritional-yeast-healthy-for-everyone)
Other foods that may help support optimal immune function include:
• Using the Produce Aisle to Boost Immune Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/using-the-produce-aisle-to-boost-immune-function/)
• Preserving Athlete Immunity with Chlorella (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preserving-athlete-immunity-with-chlorella-2/)
• Preserving Immune Function in Athletes With Nutritional Yeast (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preserving-immune-function-in-athletes-with-nutritional-yeast/)
• Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-green-tea-for-boosting-antiviral-immune-function)
• How to Boost Your Immune System with Wakame Seaweed (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Boost-Your-Immune-System-with-Wakame-Seaweed)
• Kiwifruit for the Common Cold (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-for-the-common-cold)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-to-counter-stress-induced-immune-suppression and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-to-counter-stress-induced-immune-suppression. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/