Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The benefits of taking a daily aspirin must be weighed against the risk of internal bleeding.
More on preventing, arresting, and reversing heart disease in:
• Heart Disease Starts in Childhood (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-starts-in-childhood)
• Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifestyle-medicine-treating-the-causes-of-disease)
• The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-actual-benefit-of-diet-vs-drugs)
• Optimal Cholesterol Level (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-cholesterol-level)
• Physicians May Be Missing Their Most Important Tool (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/physicians-may-be-missing-their-most-important-tool)
• Oxygenating Blood with Nitrate Rich Vegetables (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/oxygenating-blood-with-nitrate-rich-vegetables)
• Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-fish-oil-just-snake-oil)
• Does Cholesterol Size Matter? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cholesterol-size-matter)
• When Low Risk Means High Risk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-low-risk-means-high-risk)
• Low Carb Diets and Coronary Blood Flow (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/low-carb-diets-and-coronary-blood-flow)
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment)
This is the first of three videos on the risks versus benefits of taking aspirin. Preventing heart disease and stroke is not the only benefit, though. A daily aspirin may also decrease the risk of certain cancers. In that case should we take an aspirin a day after all? See my next video Should We All Take Aspirin to Prevent Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-all-take-aspirin-to-prevent-cancer) and then I end with Plants with Aspirin Aspirations (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/-plants-with-aspirin-aspirations).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-all-take-aspirin-to-prevent-heart-disease] and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-all-take-aspirin-to-prevent-heart-disease. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/