The spice saffron is pitted head-to-head against the leading drug for severe Alzheimer’s disease.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
For more on herbal approaches to dementia, check out Best Aromatherapy Herb for Alzheimer's (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-aromatherapy-herb-for-alzheimers) and Treating Alzheimer's with Turmeric (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-alzheimers-with-turmeric).
What else can saffron do? See:
• Saffron vs. Prozac (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/saffron-vs-prozac/)
• Saffron for the Treatment of PMS (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/saffron-for-the-treatment-of-pms/)
• Saffron for Erectile Dysfunction (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/topics/saffron-for-erectile-dysfunction)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/saffron-vs-memantine-namenda-for-alzheimers and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/saffron-vs-memantine-namenda-for-alzheimers. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/