Five cents worth of seaweed a day may dramatically improve a major cause of disability and compromised quality of life among women.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
I’m so glad I finally got an endometriosis video out. I think the only other video I touch on it is What Diet Best Lowers Phthalate Exposure? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-diet-best-lowers-phthalate-exposure).
I’ve also been neglecting sea vegetables. I did do Which Seaweed is Most Protective Against Breast Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-seaweed-is-most-protective-against-breast-cancer/) and more recently, Wakame Seaweed Salad May Lower Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/wakame-seaweed-salad-may-lower-blood-pressure) with more on the way.
I’d recommend staying away from kelp and hijiki, though. See Too Much Iodine Can Be as Bad as Too Little (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/too-much-iodine-can-be-as-bad-as-too-little/).
Other natural remedies for menstrual problems include
• Dietary Treatment for Painful Menstrual Periods (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-treatment-for-painful-menstrual-periods/)
• Flax Seeds for Breast Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-breast-pain/)
• Ginger for Nausea, Menstrual Cramps, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-nausea-menstrual-cramps-irritable-bowel-syndrome/)
• Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-for-menstrual-cramps-and-pms/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-endometriosis-with-seaweed and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-endometriosis-with-seaweed. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/