Which appear more protective, fermented soy foods, such as miso and tempeh, or unfermented soy, like tofu and soymilk?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
What about other healthy plant foods, like broccoli and turmeric. See what they can do in my last major prostate cancer video: Best Supplements for Prostate Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Best-Supplements-for-Prostate-Cancer).
Wait a second. Do you think the amazing results Dean Ornish and colleagues got, apparently reversing the progression of prostate cancer with a plant based diet and lifestyle program, was because of the soy? It wasn’t just a vegan diet, but a vegan diet supplemented with a daily serving of tofu and a soy protein isolate powder. Find out my my next video, The Role of Soy Foods in Prostate Cancer Prevention and Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Role-of-Soy-Foods-in-Prostate-Cancer-Prevention).
More on the #1 cancer among men here:
• Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseed-vs-prostate-cancer/)
• Prostate Cancer Survival: The A/V Ratio (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-survival-the-av-ratio/)
• Eggs, Choline, and Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-choline-and-cancer/)
• Prostate Cancer and Organic Milk vs. Almond Milk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/)
• Changing a Man’s Diet After a Prostate Cancer Diagnosis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/changing-mans-diet-prostate-cancer-diagnosis/)
What about soy and breast cancer? I’m glad you asked!
• BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/brca-breast-cancer-genes-and-soy/)
• Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Soy-Healthy-for-Breast-Cancer-Survivors)
• How to Block Breast Cancer's Estrogen-Producing Enzymes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Block-Breast-Cancers-Estrogen-Producing-Enzymes)
OK, then Who Shouldn’t Eat Soy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-eat-soy) Watch the video :)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fermented-or-unfermented-soy-foods-for-prostate-cancer-prevention and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fermented-or-unfermented-soy-foods-for-prostate-cancer-prevention. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/