Certain gut bacteria can supercharge the benefits of soy foods, resulting in even more bone protection, better control of menopausal symptoms, and lower prostate cancer risk. The question is how can we foster the growth of these good bacteria?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at https://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
What was that about safely helping to control hot flushes? Check out the previous video Soy Phytoestrogens for Menopause Hot Flashes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Soy-Phytoestrogens-for-Menopause-Hot-Flashes).
Plant-based eating has a variety of healthy effects on our good gut bacteria. See, for example:
• Microbiome: The Inside Story (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story/)
• Prebiotics: Tending our Inner Garden (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/prebiotics-tending-our-inner-garden/)
• What’s your Gut Microbiome Enterotype? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-your-gut-microbiome-enterotype/)
• How to Change your Enterotype (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype/)
• How to Develop a Healthy Gut Ecosystem (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Develop-a-Healthy-Gut-Ecosystem)
• How to Become a Fecal Transplant Super Donor (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Become-a-Fecal-Transplant-Super-Donor)
• How to Reduce Your TMAO Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Reduce-Your-TMAO-Levels)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-convert-into-an-equol-producer and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-convert-into-an-equol-producer. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/