Do mobile phones cause brain tumors or not? Whenever there’s a trillion-dollar industry involved—whether it’s the Big Food, Big Tobacco, Big Pharma, or Big Telecom—there’s so much money involved that the science can get manipulated.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
I’ve got a whole series of cell phone videos queued up, but I’ve spread them out over the next few months so as to not clog up the site with topics that may only be of peripheral interest. I do complete at least the brain cancer piece, though, in my next video: Cell Phone Brain Tumor Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Cell-Phone-Brain-Tumor-Risk).
I’ve talked a lot over the years about the corrupting influence of commercial interests on science. See, for example:
• The McGovern Report (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-mcgovern-report/)
• Seeing Red No. 3 Coloring to Dye For (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/seeing-red-no-3-coloring-to-dye-for/)
• BOLD Indeed: Beef Lowers Cholesterol? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/bold-indeed-beef-lowers-cholesterol/)
• Who Determines if Food Additives are Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-determines-if-food-additives-are-safe/)
• Who Says Eggs Aren’t Healthy or Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/)
• Collaboration with the New Vectors of Disease (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/collaboration-with-the-new-vectors-of-disease/)
• Food Industry Funded Research Bias (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-industry-funded-research-bias/)
• Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt:-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt)
• Big Food Using the Tobacco Industry Playbook (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-food-using-tthe-tobacco-industry-playbook)
• The Healthy Food Movement: Strength in Unity (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthy-food-movement-strength-in-unity)
• How Smoking in 1956 is Like Eating in 2017 (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-smoking-in-the-50s-is-like-eating-today)
• Controversy Over the Trans Fat Ban (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Controversy-Over-the-Trans-Fat-Ban)
• How the Leaded Gas Industry Got Away With It (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-leaded-gas-industry-got-away-with-it)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cell-phone-radiation-cause-cancer and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-cell-phone-radiation-cause-cancer. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/