Since white blood cell count is such a strong predictor of lifespan, what should we aim for and how do we get it there?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
For background on exactly what white blood cells are and why we doctors count them, check out my last video, What Does a Low White Blood Cell Count Mean? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/What-Does-a-Low-White-Blood-Cell-Count-Mean)
I believe I touch on the health of those rural Africans in my video How Not to Die from Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die-from-heart-disease).
More on fighting inflammation here:
• Anti-inflammatory Diet for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation)
• Dietary Treatment for Painful Menstrual Periods (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-treatment-for-painful-menstrual-periods)
• Achieving Remission of Crohn’s Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/achieving-remission-of-crohns-disease)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-ideal-white-blood-cell-count and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-ideal-white-blood-cell-count. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/