Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: Vitamin D supplements are put to the test in childhood asthma.
This is part of an extended series of videos on Vitamin D. Check out:
• Will You Live Longer if You Take Vitamin D Supplements? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-you-live-longer-if-you-take-vitamin-D-supplements)
• Do Vitamin D Supplements Help with Diabetes, Weight Loss, and Blood Pressure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vitamin-D-supplements-help-with-diabetes-weight-loss-and-blood-pressure)
• How Much Vitamin D Should You Take? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-vitamin-D-should-you-take)
• The Optimal Dose of Vitamin D Based on Natural Levels (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-optimal-dose-of-vitamin-D-based-on-natural-levels)
• The Best Way to Get Vitamin D: Sun, Supplements, or Salons? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-get-vitamin-D-sun-supplements-or-salons)
• The Risks and Benefits of Sensible Sun Exposure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-risks-and-benefits-of-sensible-sun-exposure)
Vitamin D for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-D-for-inflammatory-bowel-disease) is next.
More on preventing and treating asthma:
• Preventing Asthma with Fruits and Vegetables (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-asthma-with-fruits-and-vegetables/)
• Treating Asthma with Fruits and Vegetables (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-with-fruits-and-vegetables/)
• Treating Asthma with Plants vs. Supplements? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-with-plants-vs-supplements/)
• Treating Asthma and Eczema with Plant-based Diets (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-and-eczema-with-plant-based-diets/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-d-for-asthma and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-d-for-asthma. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/