Within 40 minutes of green tea consumption we get a boost in antioxidant power of our bloodstream and within 60 an upregulation of DNA repair.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Sorry about the cliffhanger! I just wanted to offer a good backgrounder on the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Stay tuned for Can Green Tea Help Treat Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-green-tea-help-treat-cancer).
You don’t have to wait for info on prostate cancer, though. See my recent videos Preventing Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-prostate-cancer-with-green-tea) and Treating Prostate Cancer with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-prostate-cancer-with-green-tea).
I also have a few older videos:
• Antimutagenic Activity of Green Versus White Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antimutagenic-activity-of-green-versus-white-tea/)
• Treating Gorlin Syndrome with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-gorlin-syndrome-with-green-tea/)
• Why Do Asian Women Have Less Breast Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-asian-women-have-less-breast-cancer/)
• Cancer Interrupted, Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cancer-interrupted-green-tea/)
• Treating Genital Warts with Green Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-genital-warts-with-green-tea/)
That wisdom tooth thing is so interesting. It can also just be used as an anti-cavity mouth rinse. See my video What’s the Best Mouthwash? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-the-best-mouthwash/).
Is Caffeinated Tea Dehydrating? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-caffeinated-tea-dehydrating/). Watch the video!
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-green-tea-help-prevent-cancer and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-green-tea-help-prevent-cancer. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/