The effects of smoking, pesticides, vaccine mercury, and air pollution on autistic spectrum disorder risk.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
First of all, Is Autism Really on the Rise? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Autism-really-on-the-Rise). That was the topic of my last video. What can we do about air pollution other than moving to someplace with cleaner air? You’d be surprised. Check out my video Best Food to Counter the Effects of Air Pollution (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-food-to-counter-the-effects-of-air-pollution). What can we do about pesticide exposure? Those most at risk are those exposed occupationally, but I do have some videos on cutting down on pesticide residue exposure:
• Are Organic Foods More Nutritious? (https://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-More-Nutritious)
• Are Organic Foods Safer? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-safer)
• How to Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-make-your-own-fruit-and-vegetable-wash)
• Are Organic Foods Healthier? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-Healthier)
• Are the Benefits of Organic Food Underrated or Overrated? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated)
• Is Monstanto’s Roundup Pesticide Glyphosate Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-pesticides-and-pollution-in-autism and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-pesticides-and-pollution-in-autism. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/