What are the benefits and risks of taking vitamin C supplements?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Wasn’t that crazy ironic about the kidney stones? What a roller coaster!
What about intravenous vitamin C? I’ve got a whole video series on that:
• Intravenous Vitamin C for Terminal Cancer Patients (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/intravenous-vitamin-c-for-terminal-cancer-patients)
• Vitamin C Supplements for Terminal Cancer Patients (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vitamin-c-supplements-for-terminal-cancer-patients)
• The Role of Vitamin C in the Treatment of Terminal Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-vitamin-C-in-the-treatment-of-terminal-cancer)
If you’re not taking vitamin C supplements for pharmacologic effects, and just want to know how many vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables to eat every day, check out my video What is the Optimal Vitamin C intake? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-is-the-optimal-vitamin-c-intake).
Is there anything we can put in our mouth that really might help prevent colds? See my videos:
• Can Gargling Prevent The Common Cold? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-gargling-prevent-the-common-cold/)
• Preventing the Common Cold with Probiotics? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-the-common-cold-with-probiotics/)
• Nutritional Yeast to Prevent the Common Cold (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nutritional-yeast-to-prevent-the-common-cold/)
• Kiwifruit for the Common Cold (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kiwifruit-for-the-common-cold)
What are the most important things you can do to prevent kidney stones? Look no further than my video How to Prevent Kidney Stones With Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-prevent-didney-stones-with-diet).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vitamin-c-supplements-prevent-colds-but-cause-kidney-stones and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vitamin-c-supplements-prevent-colds-but-cause-kidney-stones. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/