What’s more important: probiotics or prebiotics? And where best to get them?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
We have shifted to a new look for our videos, pulling in motion graphics design specialists to help mix things up. This one was done by Avocado Video’s (http://www.avocadovideo.com/) Lucas Kavanagh (http://www.lucas.fyi/) and Jesse Lupini (http://www.jesselupini.com/). Lucus is a scientist passionate about finding innovative ways to communicate intricate concepts who says he’s “excited to be working with NutritionFacts to help make peer-reviewed health information accessible to anyone.” Jesse is a director and producer with a love for science and education who say she’s “thrilled to be working with NutritionFacts, a beacon of science-driven health information in a sea of online nutritional voodoo and pseudo-science.”
It’s up to you to tell us which team you like better. In the comments please include your thoughts on the new look, and which format you like better.
In other words, which do you like better?
• Daniel’s style in Should Vitamin D Supplements Be Taken to Prevent Falls in the Elderly? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-vitamin-d-supplements-be-taken-to-prevent-falls)
• Tyler’s style in Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-green-tea-for-boosting-antiviral-immune-function)
• Julien’s style in Dangers of Dietary Supplement Deregulation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dangers-of-dietary-supplement-deregulation)
• Or Lucus and Jesse’s style in this one?
Please let me know!
And if you or someone you know is an expert in motion graphics software and would like to become team number five, please check out our Employment Opportunities (http://nutritionfacts.org/employment/) page.
The microbiome is one of the most exciting research areas in medicine these days. For more, see for example:
• Bowel Wars: Hydrogen Sulfide vs. Butyrate (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bowel-wars-hydrogen-sulfide-vs-butyrate/)
• Putrefying Protein & “Toxifying” Enzymes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes/)
• Microbiome: The Inside Story (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story/)
• What’s your Gut Microbiome Enterotype? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/whats-your-gut-microbiome-enterotype/)
• How to Change your Enterotype (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype/)
• Paleopoo: What We Can Learn from Fossilized Feces (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleopoo-what-we-can-learn-from-fossilized-feces/)
• Egg Industry Response to Choline & TMAO (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-industry-response-to-choline-and-tmao/)
• Is Obesity Infectious? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-obesity-infectious/)
• How to Develop a Healthy Gut Ecosystem (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Develop-a-Healthy-Gut-Ecosystem)
More on health sources of prebiotics in:
• Prebiotics: Tending our Inner Garden (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prebiotics-tending-our-inner-garden/)
• Gut Dysbiosis: Starving Our Microbial Self ---(mentioned in video?) (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-dysbiosis-starving-microbial-self/)
• Resistant Starch and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/videos/resistant-starch-and-colon-cancer)
• Gut Microbiome - Strike It Rich with Whole Grains (http://nutritionfacts.org/videos/gut-microbiome-strike-it-rich-with-whole-grains)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-become-a-fecal-transplant-super-donor and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-become-a-fecal-transplant-super-donor.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/