When women are fully informed about the risks and benefits of mammograms, 70% may choose not to get screen, but you may be in that 30% and have a right to decide for yourself.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
You can check out my Doc Note under the first video (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/9-out-of-10-Women-misinformed-about-Mammograms) in this series to get a sense why I chose to spend so much time on this topic. This is the 2nd video in a 14-part series. If you missed the first one, check it out here: 9 out of 10 Women Misinformed about Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/9-out-of-10-Women-misinformed-about-Mammograms). Stay tuned for:
• Should Women Get Mammograms Starting at Age 40? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Should-Women-Get-Mammograms-Starting-at-Age-40)
• Do Mammograms Save Lives? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-Mammograms-Save-Lives)
• Consequences of False-Positive Mammogram Results (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Consequences-of-False-Positive-Mammogram-Results)
• Do Mammograms Hurt? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Do-Mammograms-Hurt)
• Can Mammogram Radiation Cause Breast Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Can-Mammogram-radiation-Cause-Breast-Cancer)
• Understanding the Mammogram Paradox (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Understanding-the-Mammogram-Paradox)
• Overtreatment of Stage 0 Breast Cancer DCIS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Overtreatment-of-Stage-0-Breast-Cancer-DCIS)
• Women Deserve to Know the Truth About Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Women-Deserve-to-Know-the-Truth-About-Mammograms)
• Breast Cancer and the 5-Year Survival Rate Myth (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-Cancer-and-the-5-Year-Survival-Rate-Myth)
• Why Mammograms Don’t Appear to Save Lives (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Mammograms-Don)
• Why Patients Aren’t Informed About Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Patients-Arent-Informed-About-Mammograms)
• The Pros and Cons of Mammograms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Pros-and-Cons-of-Mammograms)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mammogram-recommendations-why-the-conflicting-guidelines and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mammogram-recommendations-why-the-conflicting-guidelines. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/