Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
DESCRIPTION: The majority of dietary supplement facilities tested were found noncompliant with good manufacturing practices guidelines.
We have shifted to a new look for our videos, pulling in motion graphics design specialists to help mix things up. This one was done by Julien Herman (http://www.julienherman.com/), one of four teams of contractors we’re currently working with. Julien contributes from France and says he’s “happy to contribute to NutritionFacts.org and feels lucky to be part of the team.”
Tomorrow’s video will be created by a different designer. It’s up to you to tell us which you like better. In the comments please include your thoughts on the new look, and which format you like better.
In other words, which do you like better?
• Daniel’s style in Should Vitamin D Supplements Be Taken to Prevent Falls in the Elderly? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-vitamin-d-supplements-be-taken-to-prevent-falls)
• Tyler’s style in Benefits of Green Tea for Boosting Antiviral Immune Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-green-tea-for-boosting-antiviral-immune-function)
• or Julien’s style in this one?
Please let me know!
And if you or someone you know is an expert in motion graphics software and would like to become team number five, please check out our Employment Opportunities (http://nutritionfacts.org/employment/) page.
Isn’t the supplement thing cray-cray? This reminds me of the Black Raspberry Supplements Put to the Test (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/black-raspberry-supplements-put-to-the-test) video.
But 100,000+ killed every year by pharmaceuticals? See Why Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-prevention-is-worth-a-ton-of-cure/) and How Doctors Responded to Being Named a Leading Killer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-doctors-responded-to-being-named-a-leading-killer/) for more details.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dangers-of-dietary-supplement-deregulation and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dangers-of-dietary-supplement-deregulation. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/