Whole plant sources of sugar and fat can ameliorate some of the postprandial inflammation caused by the consumption of refined carbs and meat.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Meat protein can cause more of an insulin spike than pure table sugar. See the comparisons in my video Paleo Diets May Negate Benefits of Exercise (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/paleo-diets-may-negate-benefits-of-exercise/).
I discussed the almond butter study in my last video, How to Prevent Blood Sugar and Triglyceride Spikes after Meals (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-Prevent-Blood-Sugar-and-Triglyceride-Spikes-after-Meals).
Berries have sugar of their own in them, so how can eating berries lower the blood sugar spike to a meal? Find out in If Fructose is Bad, What About Fruit? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit).
More videos on avocadoes coming up and here’s more on red wine:
• Breast Cancer Risk: Red Wine v. White Wine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-risk-red-wine-vs-white-wine/)
• Resveratrol Impairs Exercise Benefits (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/resveratrol-impairs-exercise-benefits/)
• How to Treat High Blood Pressure with Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-treat-high-blood-pressure-with-diet/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-avocados-and-red-wine-on-meal-induced-inflammation and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effects-of-avocados-and-red-wine-on-meal-induced-inflammation. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/