What happened to women who were randomized to eat more meat and dairy during pregnancy, and what effect does animal protein consumption have on cortisol and testosterone levels in men?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Whoa. There was a lot to unpack in that video. It’s like 5 videos in one. Normally I might break it up, but as you can see so much of it was all tied together. You may want to try switching it again to absorb it all.
For more on how diet during pregnancy can affect stress for their children, see Maternal Diet May Affect Stress Responses in Children (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/maternal-diet-may-affect-stress-responses-in-children).
For more on protein—what a misunderstood nutrient!—check out:
• Do Vegetarians Get Enough Protein? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vegetarians-get-enough-protein/)
• Putrefying Protein and “Toxifying” Enzymes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/putrefying-protein-and-toxifying-enzymes/)
• The Protein Combining Myth (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-protein-combining-myth)
• The Great Protein Fiasco (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-great-protein-fiasco/)
• Animal Protein Compared to Cigarette Smoking (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/animal-protein-compared-cigarette-smoking/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-animal-protein-stress-hormones-testosterone-and-pregnancy and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-effect-of-animal-protein-stress-hormones-testosterone-and-pregnancy. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/