Even a small amount of fresh herbs can double or even quadruple the antioxidant power of a meal. The ability of oregano to decrease chromosomal damage from radiation and marjoram to affect hormone levels in women with PCOS is put to the test.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
What’s so great about antioxidants? See, for example, Food Antioxidants & Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-antioxidants-and-cancer/) and Food Antioxidants, Stroke, and Heart Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-antioxidants-stroke-and-heart-disease/).
How many do we need? Check out:
• Minimum “Recommended Daily Allowance” of Antioxidants (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/minimum-recommended-daily-allowance-of-antioxidants/)
• How to Reach the Antioxidant “RDA” (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-reach-the-antioxidant-rda/)
• Antioxidant Rich Foods With Every Meal (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-rich-foods-with-every-meal/)
If you liked the beginning of the video where I show hwo a meal is affected, you’ll love my Antioxidants in a Pinch (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidants-in-a-pinch/) video.
I think the only other PCOS video I have so far discusses the benefits of spearmint tea (in Enhancing Athletic Performance with Peppermint (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/enhancing-athletic-performance-with-peppermint/)). That’s why I’m so excited for the next video, Best Foods for PCOS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-PCOS) where I take a more systematic approach.
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-marjoram-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-marjoram-for-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/