What happens to hormone levels in women (and men) randomized to drink soymilk?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Wait, soy protects against breast cancer? Yes, in study after study after study. Even in women at high risk? See BRCA Breast Cancer Genes and Soy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/brca-breast-cancer-genes-and-soy/).
Even if you already have breast cancer? See Is Soy Healthy for Breast Cancer Survivors? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Soy-Healthy-for-Breast-Cancer-Survivors).
Even GMO soy? See GMO Soy and Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gmo-soy-and-breast-cancer/).
OK, then Who Shouldn’t Eat Soy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-eat-soy). Watch that video too! :)
What else can we do to decrease breast cancer risk? See:
• Broccoli vs. Breast Cancer Stem Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/broccoli-versus-breast-cancer-stem-cells/)
• Flaxseeds & Breast Cancer Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-breast-cancer-prevention/)
• Breast Cancer vs. Mushrooms (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-vs-mushrooms/)
• Preventing Breast Cancer by Any Greens Necessary (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-breast-cancer-by-any-greens-necessary/)
• Tree Nuts or Peanuts for Breast Cancer Prevention? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tree-nuts-or-peanuts-for-breast-cancer-prevention/)
• Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogens (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/estrogenic-cooked-meat-carcinogens/)
• Fiber vs. Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fiber-vs-breast-cancer/)
• Breast Cancer and Alcohol: How Much Is Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-and-alcohol-what-much-is-safe/)
• Breast Cancer Risk: Red Wine v. White Wine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-risk-red-wine-vs-white-wine/)
• Cholesterol Feeds Breast Cancer Cells (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Cholesterol-Feeds-Breast-Cancer-Cells)
• Which Dietary Factors Affect Breast Cancer Most? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Which-Dietary-Factors-Affect-Breast-Cancer-Most)
• Industry Response to Bovine Leukemia Virus in Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/industry-response-to-bovine-leukemia-virus-in-breast-cancer)
• The Role of Bovine Leukemia in Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-bovine-leukemia-virus-in-breast-cancer)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-block-breast-cancers-estrogen-producing-enzymes and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-block-breast-cancers-estrogen-producing-enzymes. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/