Less than half of herbal supplements tested from a dozen companies were found to be authentic.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
Isn’t that crazy? So frustrating! More on supplement company shenanigans in videos such as:
• Health Food Store Supplement Advice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/health-food-store-supplement-advice/)
• Bad Advice From Health Food Store Employees (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bad-advice-from-health-food-store-employees/)
• Dangerous Advice From Health Food Store Employees (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dangerous-advice-from-health-food-store-employees/)
• Pharmacists Versus Health Food Store Employees: Who Gives Better Advice? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pharmacists-versus-health-food-store-employees-who-gives-better-advice/)
• Dietary Supplement Snake Oil (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-supplement-snake-oil/)
• Heavy Metals in Protein Powder Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heavy-metals-in-protein-powder-supplements/)
• Some Dietary Supplements May Be More Than a Waste of Money (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-dietary-supplements-may-be-more-than-a-waste-of-money/)
• Treating Asthma With Plants vs. Supplements? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-with-plants-vs-supplements/)
• Broccoli: Sprouts vs. Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/broccoli-sprouts-vs-supplements/)
• Industry Response to Plants Not Pills (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/industry-response-to-plants-not-pills/)
What’s so special about black raspberries? Reversal of cancer progression for starters! See:
Black Raspberries vs. Oral Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/black-raspberries-versus-oral-cancer/)
Best Fruits for Cancer Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-fruits-for-cancer-prevention/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/black-raspberry-supplements-put-to-the-test and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/black-raspberry-supplements-put-to-the-test. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/