Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: The FDA appears to have caved in to industry pressure in allowing intestines potentially infected with mad cow disease prions into food products and lipstick.
Unfortunately this is not the first time that FDA has caved to industry pressures. See, for example:
• Artificial Food Colors and ADHD (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/artificial-food-colors-and-adhd/)
• Antibiotics: Agribusinesses’ Pound of Flesh (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/antibiotics-agribusinesses-pound-of-flesh/)
• Aspartame and the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/aspartame-and-the-brain/)
• Getting Under Our Skin - BPA on Receipts (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/getting-under-our-skin-bpa-on-receipts)
As scary as rare infections like mad cow disease are, we are much more likely to be disabled or killed by more conventional foodborne pathogens such as bacteria. See, for example:
• C. difficile Superbugs in Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/c-difficile-superbugs-in-meat/)
• MRSA in U.S. Retail Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/mrsa-in-u-s-retail-meat/)
• Superbugs in Conventional vs. Organic Chicken (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/superbugs-in-conventional-vs-organic-chicken/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-intestines-for-food-and-cosmetics and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-intestines-for-food-and-cosmetics. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/