An eighth of a teaspoon of ground ginger power is tested head-to-head against the leading drug for the alleviation of painful periods.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
I’ve touched on this effect before in Ginger for Nausea, Menstrual Cramps, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome(http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-nausea-menstrual-cramps-irritable-bowel-syndrome). Find out what else this amazing plant can do in:
• Reducing Radiation Damage With Ginger & Lemon Balm (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-radiation-damage-with-ginger-and-lemon-balm/)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
• Spicing Up DNA Protection (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/spicing-up-dna-protection/)
• Ginger for Migraines (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-migraines/)
• Natural Treatments for Morning Sickness (http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/natural-treatments-for-morning-sickness)
• Ginger for Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-osteoarthritis)
What else can really help with cramps, PMS, and cyclical breast pain? Check out:
• Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-for-menstrual-cramps-and-pms/)
• Saffron for the Treatment of PMS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/saffron-for-the-treatment-of-pms/)
• Plant-Based Diets For Breast Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-breast-pain/)
• Flax Seeds For Breast Pain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flax-seeds-for-breast-pain/)
• Dietary Treatment for Painful Menstrual Periods (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-treatment-for-painful-menstrual-periods/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-ginger-for-menstrual-cramps and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-ginger-for-menstrual-cramps. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/