The majority of specialists in the field agreed that paraTB in meat and dairy likely represents a risk to human health and should be a high- or medium-priority public health issue.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
I’ve started speaking out about the link between paratuberculosis infection in milk and meat and human disease 15 years ago. Even cynical me is shocked that the industry hasn’t done more to clean up their act. It reminds me of the bovine leukemia virus story. See:
• Is Bovine Leukemia Virus in Milk Infectious? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-bovine-leukemia-virus-in-milk-infectious/)
• The Role of Bovine Leukemia Virus in Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-bovine-leukemia-virus-in-breast-cancer/)
• Industry Response to Bovine Leukemia Virus in Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/industry-response-to-bovine-leukemia-virus-in-breast-cancer/)
If you missed the first two istallments in this series, check out Does Paratuberculosis in Milk Trigger Type 1 Diabetes? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-paratuberculosis-in-milk-trigger-type-1-diabetes) and Meat Consumption and the Development of Type 1 Diabetes (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-consumption-and-the-development-of-type-1-diabetes).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-paratuberculosis-in-meat-trigger-type-1-diabetes and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-paratuberculosis-in-meat-trigger-type-1-diabetes. You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/