Acai berries are touted for their antioxidant power, but does that translate into increased antioxidant capacity of your bloodstream when you eat them?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org). Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
What’s so great about antioxidants? Check out:
• Antioxidants and Depression (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidants-and-depression/)
• Treating Asthma with Fruits and Vegetables (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-with-fruits-and-vegetables/)
• Food Antioxidants and Cancer (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/food-antioxidants-and-cancer/)
• Antioxidant Rich Foods with Every Meal (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-rich-foods-with-every-meal/)
• Minimum “Recommended Daily Allowance” of Antioxidants (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/minimum-recommended-daily-allowance-of-antioxidants)
Where else can you get them? See Antioxidants in a Pinch (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidants-in-a-pinch/) and Antioxidant Power of Plants Versus Animal Foods (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidant-power-of-plant-foods-versus-animal-foods/).
What are the nutritional aspects of those grub kabobs? See:
• Bug Appétit: Barriers to Entomophagy (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/bug-appetit-barriers-to-entomophagy/)
• Good Grub: The Healthiest Meat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/good-grub-the-healthiest-meat/)
Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion in The Benefits of Acai vs. Blueberries for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Benefits-of-Acai-vs-Blueberries-for-Artery-Function).
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-antioxidant-effects-of-acai-vs-apples and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-antioxidant-effects-of-acai-vs-apples. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/