Randomized double-blind controlled trials suggest excluding certain foods, such as eggs and chicken, can significantly improve atopic dermatitis.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
What else can we do to improve excema with diet? Stay tuned for Exclusion Diets for Eczema (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exclusion-diets-for-eczema).
Here are three previous videos I did on eczema:
• Treating Asthma and Eczema with Plant-based Diets (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-and-eczema-with-plant-based-diets/)
• Eczema Treatment with Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, vs. Vaseline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Eczema-Treatment-with-Coconut-Oil-Mineral-Oil-vs-Vaseline)
• Eczema Treatment with Evening Primrose Oil, Borage Oil vs. Hempseed Oil (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eczema-treatment-with-evening-primrose-oil-borage-oil-vs-hempseed-oil)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-to-avoid-for-eczema and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/best-foods-to-avoid-for-eczema. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/